Wednesday, February 2, 2011

asa is a bookstarfish

Not a bookworm, a bookstarfish. Because starfishes are interesting and less disgusting than worms okok.

It's been a month since I started homeschooling, and I must admit that I do a lot of slacking off and only a bit of studying orz Bad habits die hard. I can't study alone when I'm not in the mood. In the end I'll be looking or learning about random stuff and not learn from the materials given by the school.

Once you get used to it it's not really that boring staying home everyday. Most of the time I sepdn my time online (obviously) or these days I've been trying to finish some books. At the beginning of January I was hyped up about homeschooling because I would have a lot of free time and that means I can do stuff (I think I talked about this before. One of my goals was to finish more books). Well yes, I did buy a few books and borrowed them from my friends but now it's piling up and I'm confused in which ones to read.


Those are the books that's in my waiting list. I'm too lazy to translate the scribblings there, sorry orz Some of them I haven't read, some of them I've finished half, and some of them is almost finished but I'm too lazy to finish them. This is really a bad habit, starting a book without finishing the previous one 8| But idk if I'm reading a book that isn't in my fandom list then I would be a slow reader when reading it. However when I already know the fandom and/or like it then I can finish it fast.

Btw I've finished Neil Gaiman's Stardust. 'Twas a good read, but I wouldn't make it into one of my fandoms. It's not long enough so yeah. The Nicolas Flamel series is nice, but so far I've only finished half of The Alchemyst so I don't really know if I'm going to get into that fandom or not. On the other hand, ASOUE (Unfortunate Events) has been in my list for a long time. I think it was after Harry Potter, about 3 or 4 years ago.

I wonder how long it'll take for me to finish them? I've decided to do a challenge/meme from a certain site. The challenge is to finish 50 books in a year. My plan is to read atleast 4 books in a month, which is quite hard for me because I'm too lazy to do it orz I like books, but sometimes I can't seem to bring myself to read them even though I have nothing to do at that time 8|

Anyhow, for those of you who are also in a reading mode, happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. DEFINITELY FINISH THE ALCHEMYST. SKJFKHSGFJKGSJFHS are those in Indonesian or..?

    ReplyDelete