Sunday, January 16, 2011

umineko rant post (again) + art dump

When I say I will be more productive when homeschooling I mean it. Well, not that productive, but at least I can draw more because I have more freetime. Playing Umineko is also called productive lmao


lame signature is lame This is actually a doodle I did in my sketchbook (explains the pencil lines, yes?) but I ended up coloring it. Reason? It's Erika. Do you need anymore reason? Anyhow I experimented on a new style and I ended up liking it, I guess I'll be sticking to this style from now on. Unless I find another style that is much more simple that is.

I also tried to draw the blush using Shungiku Nakamura's style. Yes the author of Junjou Romantica. Idk the blush looks nice imo, and it's pretty simple because all you need to do is draw lines overlapping each other (use red when you're CG-ing) 8| Then, just add a bit of red airbrush on it, lower the opacity, and you're done. Simple, rather than using red to shade the cheeks pffft.


GUESS WHO FINISHED EP7 OF UMINEKO.

If you guessed Me, 50 points for your house. Sdlfjask;ld it was all so sad and angsty ;A; Shannon’s and Kinzo’ past life, Yasu’s life as well, and the end of the tea party (that involved Will’s arm ajsdlf;sdj dude are you okay like siriusly 8|), gah that was all very exciting and beautiful at the same time. I was wondering why the hell did the trollface! Claire existed but when I played it the question was answered. You must know what pairing I like here. Why yes indeed, it’s Will/Lion. Obvious right?

Then I get the feeling that everyone in the fandom and who has already played the game has this question popping in their heads, “Lion, what the hell is your gender?” I shall explain my opinion on this and I’m not expecting you to agree with me. It’s just what I think about the whole thing.

First of all, I think Lion is a guy. No, it’s not because I want Will/Lion to be a BL pairing although that would make me extremely happy, it’s because of the things said in this game. According to my reasoning that is.

Yasu’s gender has been established in the game and Yasu’s a she. Everyone must assume that Lion is also a girl. However I do not think this way. Will said that to put it simply, Lion and Beatrice (Yasu) are like the 2 sides of a coin. That must mean that they are the opposite of each other; like yin-yang, morning-night, head-tails, sort of like that. So then if Yasu’s a girl, that makes Lion a boy.

The multiple personality thing also counts. So far, the personalities of Yasu are Shannon and Kanon. Kanon’s a guy (Shannon said she looks at him like her little brother) and Yasu is mentioned to be a tomboy. A tomboy girl has ½ personalities of a girl and ½ personalities of a boy. How do I know this? Because I am one myself. I don’t like wearing skirts or do girlish stuff such as shopping for clothes or gossiping, but I do care about my appearance (especially my hair lol) and I like boys as well (Gokudera, ‘nuff said. I have been with him for 3 years you know /slapped).

Back to the tomboy thing, so if we look at it the mathematical way:

½ girl + ½ boy = ½ girl + ½ boy
Which means, Shannon + Kanon = Yasu + X
X = Lion, which means Lion is a boy.

I think Ryukishi plans to put Lion’s gender in a catbox, so two of the truth exists. Gah this is confusing orz Okay so that’s just how I look at things in EP7. Overall t’was a good read. Although I’m not sure if I will continue playing the rest of the games (I have to finish EP5 though, I’m not sure about EP6 and EP8 because I have those lovely spoilers to read), I’ll still be looking out for the alternate endings of the 8th game. Oh and I’m also looking forward to the last (?) motion graphic. The last one (7th) was excellent and so far it's my favorite one.

No comments:

Post a Comment